4/15/2011: ThrivOn Management Consulting announced today that it has been awarded a contract by one of the nation’s largest telecommunication infrastructure provider to assess and help develop a road-map to mature their telecom data warehouse Business Analytics capabilities across the organization .
The proposed engagement will primarily consist of activities to assess current Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence program. This engagement is designed to determine the state of the current Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence program in order to gather information to help establish processes and guidelines for enhancements where needed. The information used to understand the current environment and to feed into the future enhancements will be done through review of the Information Strategy assessments, work distribution analysis, value stream maps and future state design requirements and will be be augmented with on‐site interviews with appropriate business and information technology representatives from Global Software Development group and Business Intelligence/EDW as well as a review of relevant documentation of the program.
The major areas of focus for this assessment include the following:
- Business sponsorship involvement, business area participation
- Leverage of business intelligence for organization’s strategic goals
- Program strategy
- Project approach
- Total cost of ownership, business case, success metrics
- Opportunity prioritization
- Conceptual architecture conformance with best practices
- Tools and technology
- Organizational and process architecture
- Data integration and data quality
- Data warehouse methodology
- Communication plans, change management process
- BI resource roles and responsibilities and skills
- Education and training plans
- Project Documentation
It is expected that this exercise will involve members of client’s Software Development team, selected project managers and business analysts from each region, and a close interactions with business stakeholders. Any previous feedback gathered from business stakeholders will also be used for this purpose. At the end of the assessment a detailed report will be submitted. This report will consist of results from the assessment topics above. The assessment will also contain suggestions around;
- What’s working and what’s not working
- Skill gaps and ways to address that with continuous education
- Staffing strategy with recommendations on roles and responsibilities etc.
- Enhancements to processes to expedite releases, and streamline Operations and Maintenance
- Effective project documentation