ThrivOn’s “A Framework for Understanding the Big Data Revolution” published in TDWI newsletter
A Big Data article co-authored by ThrivOn’s director of analytics Sachin Sinha was selected to be published in the TDWI Business Analytics newsletter. This article introduces a broad level big data framework for understanding the big data revolution. This Information Life Cycle Framework, introduced in the article, helps you navigate the big data technology landscape and see big data in light of a complete, end-to-end solution that can tackle the entire information life cycle.
To read more, click the link
2/20/2011: ThrivOn Management Consulting announced today that it was selected to help define, design and implement a business and clinical analytics competency center for a leading health insurance company
Historically, information assets at this health insurance company have experienced a certain degree of proliferation characterized by lack of coordination or leverage. Thus, this health insurance company accumulated different technologies, prepared small sets of data for small groups of users, duplicated efforts, and followed best practices inconsistently. Users often realize that they could not access the information they needed, and ensuring successful use of the tools and technologies to harness information power has been a challenge. To address unmet business needs, the Vice President of Informatics and the Office of the CIO recognized that they must make development of an Information Competency Center (ICC) a strategic initiative, driven jointly by the business and the IT organizations.
The goal of the proposed ICC at this health insurance company is to provide program management for business intelligence, performance management and analytics initiatives by combining business, IT and analytic skills. The ICC will help maximize the value of this health insurance company’s investments in information technologies and human capital.
This health insurance company has requested ThrivOn to provide advisory services and oversight for the ICC. ThrivOn shall appoint seasoned consultants to perform the following tasks.
- Provide thought leadership to ICC and Informatics team:
- Mentor and provide day to day guidance to other members of the Data Services team.
- Research and bring new data management and data services capabilities
- Develop standards and best practices for various aspects of ICC.
- Provide operational leadership to ICC:
- Assume accountability of the Data Services unit and its functions in support of ICC:
- Oversee sourcing of any and all necessary data requested of the ICC
- Oversee Integration and delivery of disparate data into the EDW
- Ensure build out of EDW and Provide data marts, data extracts, reports and frameworks to Analytics Services, Integration Services, business clients, and other ICC stakeholders
- Build and leverage a pool of resources comprising the following skill sets towards success of various Informatics projects:
- Project Managers and specific delivery stream leaders
- Data and BI modelers, BI and Warehouse architect(s), BI and ETL developers
- Data Base and Application System Administrators